Xiaomi Mi 5 is the newest smartphone in the Xiaomi world. It is launched in market on April 2016. It has 5.15 inches IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen with Corning Gorilla Glass 4. The display resolution is 1080 x 1920 pixels with Android OS, v6.0 (Marshmallow). It has Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 820 processor with 4GB RAM. It has 16 MP primary & 4 MP secondary camera. After this description I think it is one of the best smartphone in Xiaomi.
In this post we will discuss about how to unlock bootloader of Xiaomi Mi 5. It comes with bootloader locked for security purpose and prevent system level changes by a novice user.
How to Unlock Bootloader of Xiaomi Mi 5
1. First of all to unlock Bootloader of Xiaomi Mi 5 visit Xiaomi site to apply for unlocking bootloader. Log in this site and create a account for permission to unlocking your device.
2. After getting permission download the Mi Flash tool.
3. Extract this tool on your PC desktop and launch it. Sign in with your same Mi account to unlock your device.
4. Now switch off your device and boot into fastboot mode by pressing Volume down key+ Power button together and select fastboot mode.
5. Connect your device with your PC by using USB cable.
6. Select “Unlock” to unlock Xiaomi Mi 5 bootloader.
7. Wait sometime for ending the process. After ending you will receive a success message.
You have successfully unlocked bootloader of Xiaomi Mi 5.
If you have any problems leave a comment below.