Xiaomi Mi 5 is the newest smartphone in the Xiaomi world. It launched in market on April 2016. It has 5.15 inches IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen with Corning Gorilla Glass 4. The display resolution is 1080 x 1920 pixels with Android OS, v6.0 (Marshmallow). It has Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 820 processor with 4GB RAM. It has 16 MP primary & 4 MP secondary camera. After this description I think it is one of the best smartphone in Xiaomi. Rooting your device will unleash hidden features, but it also voids your device warranty.
In this post we will discuss about how to root Xiaomi Mi5 and Install TWRP recovery.
Before starting this process we want to tell you something
1. If you will root your device void your device warranty, it will be your responsibility. If any damaged occur during this process we are not responsible.
2. Before rooting your device we advise you first to take a complete backup of your device.
3. At least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
How to Root Xiaomi Mi 5 and Install TWRP Recovery
Files you need:
- Download ADB and fast boot driver & install it in your PC.
- Enable USB debugging here.
- Unlock bootloader of Xiaomi Mi 5.
- Download TWRP Recovery for Xiaomi Mi 5.
- Download SuperSu to root Xiaomi Mi 5 and copy it in your sd card.
- At first for enable ‘USB debugging’ go to the setting>developer option> enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number several times.
- Download TWRP 3.0.0 for Xiaomi Mi5 from above link. In the folder where ADB installed and rename it to ‘recovery.img’.
- Now go to the installation directory to open ADB folder and open the command window by pressing and hold the ‘shift’ key and right-clicked anywhere in that folder.
- Now connect your device to PC and reboot it with the help of fastboot mode by typing the command which is shown below or pressing at a same time “Power+ Volume Down”. adb reboot bootloader
- Now you are in fastboot mode check your connection by typing the command which is shown below in the command prompt. It will provide a serial number which means your device is connected properly. If it is not respond then check your driver. fastboot devices
- Write the below command properly in command prompt & press enter. It will help you to flashing recovery on your device.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Write the below command properly in command prompt by pressing “volume up + power button” to reboot your phone into recovery mode. You have successfully installed the custom recovery on Xiaomi Mi 5. fastboot boot recovery.img
- With the above command your device boot into the recovery mode.
- Now select the language which you can preferred and set it to what you want, tap “Never show this screen on boot again” and & take allow modification.
- Now go to the wipe section and format all data.
- Hence go to the Reboot option to recovery & allow disable recovery flash.
- Now repeat flash recovery process again but do not format data.
- Install “SuperSu” to root Xiaomi Mi 5.
- After installing “SuperSu” and reboot your device.
You have successfully root Xiaomi Mi 5 and install TWRP recovery.
Rom for Xiaomi Mi 5:
- AOSP Oreo Custom Rom For Xiaomi Mi 5
- Resurrection Remix Marshmallow 5.7.0 Rom For Xiaomi Mi 5
- Hexagon 6.0.1 Rom for the Xiaomi Mi 5
- Mokee 6.0.1 Rom For Xiaomi Mi5
- CyanogenMod 13 Rom on Xiaomi MI5
- Unofficial Pac Rom 6.0.1 Xiaomi MI5
If you have any problems leave a comment below.