In this post we will discuss about how you can Install r7 – MoDaCo Custom ROM For Huawei Honor 8. The device was released on July’2016. Huawei Honor 8 is powered by 4×2.3 GHz Cortex-A72 & 4×1.8 GHz Cortex A53 HiSilicon Kirin 950 Octa-core processor and it has 4 GB of RAM. The internal memory has 32/64 GB. You can extended the internal memory up to 256 GB with the help of SD card. The 5.2 inches LTPS capacitive touchscreen with 1920 x 1080 pixels resolution will give pleasure to your eyes. To take better snap and selfie the device featured 12 megapixel primary and 8 megapixel secondary camera. The device is powered by removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery.
The r7 – MoDaCo Rom is focused on mainly battery, performance And stability. If you want to test this Rom on your device then you need to flash it. Here are the instruction.
r7 – MoDaCo Custom ROM For Huawei Honor 8
Features of r7 – MoDaCo Custom ROM For Huawei Honor 8:
- Fully optimised with the unique MCR scripts
- All apps in ROM updates to latest versions
- Sepolicy patched boot image ready for root
- Removed ‘icons’ from /system/themes
- Multi user support
- Preloaded Stockify theme stub
- This ROM is completely in version control at gitlab
- Based on the B101 custom ROM starter template
- Updated power management policies to reduce instances of ‘missing notifications’
- Busybox installed
- Selinux permissive
- MoDaCo Custom Kitchen will release very soon.
- Multi window support
- Numerous other small refinements – please see the gitlab commits for full details
- Charge your device at least 50 % before going through the procedure.
- Take a Backup of your device before starting the process.
- Do at your own risk.
Files needed for r7 – MoDaCo Custom ROM For Huawei Honor 8:
- At first you need to unlock BootLoader of your device. If you do not have Unlock Bootloader then Follow below link which helps you to unlock the Bootloader of your device.
- Then you have to install the TWRP Recovery for Huawei Honor 8. If you do not have custom recovery then Follow below Link.
⇓⇓ Download r7 – MoDaCo Custom ROM For Huawei Honor 8 from here ⇓⇓
- Gapps file
Procedure of Install r7 – MoDaCo Custom ROM For Huawei Honor 8:
- At first download the r7 – MoDaCo .zip files from the above link.
- Switch Off your device and open recovery mode by pressing “volume up + power key”continuously at the same time (For most of the devices) and “volume up + menu key + power key” (For samsung devices and for those devices which have menu key).
- OR you can Download and install Quick Boot application and then open it. There you will find an option to go to recovery mode. Tap on it and you will get to the recovery menu.
- In Recovery Click the “wipe and format” option then Wipe -> Data, System, Cache and dalvik cache via recovery.
- From main menu navigate to the r7 – MoDaCo.zip files which you already downloaded from above link.
- Select r7 – MoDaCo Rom to flash.
- Now Install The GAPPS file by going to the Custom recovery as given in the above and locate the GAPPS.zip file and install it.
- Reboot your device.
You have successfully installed r7 – MoDaCo Custom ROM For Huawei Honor 8.
You can get more information of your Huawei Device.
Facing problem leave a comment below: