Today we will talk about the process of installation AOSP Rom 7.0 (Nougat) For Nexus 4. The device was released on November’ 2012. LG Nexus 4 is powered by 1.5 GHz Krait Qualcomm APQ8064 Snapdragon S4 Pro Quad-core processor and it has 2 GB RAM. The internal memory comes in two version, one has 8 GB and the other has 16 GB. The 4.7 inches true HD IPS Plus capacitive touchscreen with the resolution of 768 x 1280 pixels will give pleasure to your eyes. To take better snap and selfie the device featured 8 megapixel primary and 1.3 megapixel secondary camera. The device is powered by non-removable Li-Ion 2100 mAh battery.
The newly featured AOSP Rom 7.0 is focused on mainly wi-fi, GPS. If you want to test this Rom on your device then you need to flash it. Here are the instruction.
AOSP Rom 7.0 (Nougat) For Nexus 4
- Bypass Factory Reset Protection on Nexus Devices
- CyanogenMod 13 For LG Nexus 5x
- [Custom Rom] Resurrection Remix v5.7.3 Rom For LG Nexus 5X
- [Custom Rom] Stock+ Nougat NRD90M Rom For Nexus 5x
- [Custom Rom] CypherOS 2.4.2 Moon Pie Rom For LG Nexus 5X
- [Custom Rom] XOSP 6.3 Rom For LG Nexus 5X
- [Custom Rom] Bliss Rom 6.0 For LG Nexus 5X
Details of AOSP Rom 7.0 (Nougat) For LG Nexus 4:
- H/W Acceleration
- Disadvantages(as per review):
When you can video recording with the help of camera of your device then you can record it
- Charge your device at least 60% before starting the process
- Backup all important data,contacts, sms etc
Do it at your own risk
Files you need:
- At first you need to unlock Bootloader of your device. If you do not have Unlock Bootloader then follow below Link
- Then you need to Install TWRP for LG Nexus 4 .If you do not know how to install TWRP in your device then follow below Link
- Next you need to Enable Developer Option, Enable USB Debugging & Enable OEM Unlock
- Download AOSP Rom 7.0 (Nougat) for Nexus 4
- Download Gapps file
- Download SuperSu.zip
- Download Root Checker
Procedure of installing AOSP Rom 7.0 (Nougat) For Nexus 4:
- Download the AOSP Rom 7.0 (Nougat).zip & Gapps.zip file from the above link and copy it into your SD card.
- Turn off your device and go to the recovery mode by pressing Volume Up + Home(if it is
available) + Power Key at the same time. If you don’t do this then download and install Quick Boot application and then open it. There you will find an option to go to recovery mode. Tap on it and you will get to the recovery menu.
- Now in recovery click the “wipe and format” option then Wipe -> Data, System, Cache and dalvik cache via recovery.
- In recovery main menu locate the AOSP.zip file which you previously downloaded.
- Select AOSP.zip from the list
- Flash this .zip file
- Wait sometime for complete the process. It will take few minutes.
- Reboot your device.
- Now install the Gapps file by going to the Custom recovery as given in the above and locate the Gapps.zip file and install it.
- Reboot your device again.
You have successfully installed AOSP Rom 7.0 (Nougat) of your Nexus device.
Rooting your device with SuperSu For Nexus 4 :
- At first download SuperSU-v2.78.zip file from the above link & copy this to your SD card.
- Switch off your device
- Turn on your device into fastboot mode by pressing “Volume Up + Home(if it is available)+ Power” buttons.
- Click on install button on TWRP
- Go to the Internal Storage to Select Install Zip
- Choose Zip
- Click SuperSU Zip File
- Swipe it to install
- At last reboot your device
With the help of Root Checker you can check the rooting has done properly or not
Now What Next??
-Leave a comment
If you like our post please share by clicking on the share button on the left side or below of this page and help us to grow more visitors.