In this post we will discuss about how you can install official TWRP for Samsung Galaxy Note 7 (gracelte).Samsung Galaxy Note 7 is the top class brand new smartphone in this year launched on September, 2016. The device comes with 5.7 inches Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen with 1440 x 2560 pixels resolution. Note 7 has Android OS, v6.0 (Marshmallow)operating system upgrade to v7.0 (Nougat) with 4×2.3 GHz Mongoose & 4×1.6 GHz Cortex-A53 Octa-core CPU & Exynos 8890 Octa Chipset. The internal storage are 4 GB RAM & 64 GB ROM. The camera provides 12 MP primary & 5 MP secondary camera. The battery has 3500 mAhLi-Ion non-removable battery.
TWRP is a “Team Win Recovery Project”. It is a custom recovery for Android devices and allows you to back up and restore your data, flash custom ROMs to your device, repair broken file systems, and root your device.
Official TWRP + ROOT your Galaxy Note 7
This is only for the International SM-N930F/X, Duos SM-N930FD, and Korean SM-N930K/L/S Exynos models.
- USB Mass Storage support
- f2fs file system support (read, write, format, backup & restore)
- MTP support
- exFAT file system support (read, write, format, backup & restore)
- Micro SDcard and USB OTG storage support
- Full SELinux support
- NTFS file system support (read, write, format)
- ADB root
- Built in android 6.0 tree
- You can flash a custom recovery to your device. If you do those thing then it will effect the warranty of your device. So do those of your own risk.
- The Galaxy Note 7 stock boot image has dm-verity, if you swipe to enable system modifications then it prevents you to booting
Files you need:
Download TWRP for Samsung Galaxy Note 7 (Exynos)
Download flash tools
Installing TWRP On Galaxy Note 7:
- At first go to the “Settings -> About device” tap several times on Build number to enable Developer options
- After that go to “Settings -> Developer options” to enable OEM unlock
- Next download & extract Odin_3.12.3.zip from the above mentioned link to your PC
- Hence download Samsung Mobile Phone Drivers from the above mentioned link & install it for Odin to find your device (If you have already install samsung driver then skip this step).
- Download a .tar image file from the abobe link.
- Then run Odin_ 3.12.3.exe file
- Next turn off your device
- By pressing “Volume Down + Home + Power buttons” switch on your device into download mode
- Connect your device with Pc via USB cable
- Open Odin and place the TWRP tar file in the AP box.
- Disable the Auto-Reboot Option.
- Click Start button.
- Reboot your device.
Rooting your Galaxy Note 7:
- To root your device download the latest SuperSU from the above mentioned link.
- Transfer the supersu file into your device
- Switch odd your device and Boot your device into recovery mode by pressing POWER + VOLUME UP+ HOME at the same time.
- You will see TWRP menu there.
- Locate and install the SUPERSU file with the help of TWRP.
- Your device is rooted.
-Leave a comment
If you like our post please share by clicking on the share button on the left side or below of this page and help us to grow more visitors.