Yu Yunicorn is a smartphone which launched on June’2016. It has 5.5 inches IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen with 1080 x 1920 pixels resolution. It has Android OS, v5.1.1 (Lollipop) operating system with 1.8 GHz Cortex-A53 Quad-core & 1.0 GHz Cortex-A53 Quad-core CPU & Mediatek MT6755 Helio P10 chipset. It has 4 GB RAM & 32 GB ROM with 13 MP primary & 5 MP secondary camera. It has 4000 mAh Li-Po non-removable battery.
In this post we will discuss about how to unlock bootloader, TWRP recovery & Root on Yu Yunicorn.
Unlock Bootloader Install TWRP And Root Yu Yunicorn
- Charge Your Device at least 60%.
- Backup Phone Apps, Contacts, SMS.
Files you need:
- To Enable Developer options at first
Go To Settings -> About Phone -> Tap On ‘Build Number’ many times’ until you get developer option enabled.
- Enabled Usb Debugging
Go to settings>Developer Settings > Enable Usb Debugging
- Enable OEM Unlock
Go To Your Settings -> Developer Options -> Tick The“Oem Unlock” Checkbox
- Download Mtk Preloader and Yu Driver here
- Download MTK flash tool here
- Download ADB fastboot tool here
- Download TWRP here
- Download SuperSu v2.67 here
Procedure to Unlock Bootloader Yu Yunicorn:
- At first download ADB-fastboot-tool zip file & unzip.
- After that go to the “ADB-fastboot-tool” folder and press “Shift+Mouse Right Click” to open Cmd here.
- Switch off your device and by pressing “Volume Up + Power” turn it on to fastboot bootlader mode.You can get fastboot bootloader with the help of the below adb command.
adb reboot bootloader
- Next connect your device to PC & write the below command and press enter
fastboot –i 0x1ebf oem unlock
With the help of the abobe command you will unlock your device
fastboot –i 0x1ebf reboot
With the help of the abobe command you will reboot your device.
Procedure To Install TWRP Yu Yunicorn:
- At first download TWRP zip file & unzip it.
- After that unzip the MTK flash tool. The link mentioned above.
- Next run this flash tool .exe file from MTK flash tool folder.
- Then go to Download tab and you can see the Scatter-Loading file, select there.
- Next from Yu-Yunicorn-twrp-stock folder browse MT6755_Android_scatter.Txt.
- Here select Recovery option. Select In-Front of Recovery here & browse the Recovery which you want to browse Recovery Img. file from download folder.
- Turn off device & select download button.
- Connect your device that condition to PC and install flash tool driver & the process will start.
After complete the process remove your device from PC & turn it on.
By browsing “orig recovery.img” you can flash the stock after root was done.
If Recovery not working then select “twrp-3.0.2-0-20160628-UNOFFICIAL-wt6755_66_sz_l.img” recovery file.
Procedure To Root Yu Yunicorn:
- At first download “SuperSu-v2.67-zip ” & unzip it.
- Copy it to your device.
- Switch off your device.
- By pressing “Volume Down + Power” you can turn on your device into recovery mode.
- Go to Install Zip navigate SuperSu zip & swipe it to install.
- Reboot your device
You can check root access for your device with the help of Root Checker here
If you like our post please share by clicking on the share button on the left side or below of this page and help us to grow more visitors.