After a long time at last Sony has been experimenting with AOSP ROMs for Xperia. Now Sony has released Android N Developer Preview for Xperia Z3. With the help of Google Sony testing Android N Developer and get many feedback. It means Sony is looking to provide latest upgrades for its user quickly.
Sony Experia Z3 is two years old device but sony did not provide any support/updates for this. Releasing update the latest Android version means Android Marshmallow is already available for it. But Sony has released the Android N Developer Preview for the same.
In this post we will discuss about the Android N Developer Preview for Xperia Z3 (D6603/D6653).
Enjoy Android N Developer Preview on Xperia Z3 (D6603/D6653)
- Install marshmallow on sony Xperia Z3
- TWRP,Root and AOSP Nougat Rom For Xperia SP
- Twrp, Root And AOSP 7.0 Nougat Rom For Sony Xperia ZR
- Twrp, Root And Paranoid Android Rom For Sony Xperia Z5 Sumire (E6653)
Android N will provide some new features that will provide you with better user experience like:
- Direct Reply from Notifications
- Bundled Notifications
- More Battery Friendly and Better Memory Management
Here we will discuss some screenshots from the Android N Developer Preview of Xperia Z3:
Object you need:
1. Xperia Z3 D6603 or D6653:
You must have Xperia Z3 with model number D6603 or D6653, other models are not match in this process. Also, your phone must have a locked bootloader.
2. A PC:
You must have a PC(Windows/Mac) to use Xperia Companion software which installs the Android N developer preview on your device.
3. Xperia Companion:
The latest version of Xperia Companion software must have to installed on your Computer. Download it from here
Before starting the process given below you must backup all your data i.e.music, photos, applications, documents and other important files on your phone to another location. As following the steps given below will remove everything from your device.
- At first install the latest version of Xperia Companion software on your PC.
- Next connect your device with your pC using USB cable.
- Now hold down ALT key on your keyboard and select on Software Repair button on the home screen of Xperia Companion.
- Follow the step to install the Android N developer preview on your Xperia Z3. You will be asked to Accept terms and warnings. You will click yes all of them to proceed next.
- When the process running, you will be asked to reboot your device into Flash mode. Doing this, disconnect and turn off your device, then to reconnect at the same time as holding down the volume down key to start the software flashing.
- Wait for the ending process and then Reboot your device.
You have successfully installed Android N Dev Preview on your Xperia Z3.
You can also install AOSP Nougat Rom For Sony Xperia M.
If you face any problem then leave a comment below. Please share the post and help us to grow visitors.