Today we will talk about CyanogenMod 13 for Xiaomi MI5. The device was released on April 2016. It is powered by Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 820 Dual-core 2.15GHz Kryo & dual-core 1.6GHz Kryo processor. Depended on its edition it has 3GB/4GB Ram and 32GB/64GB/128GB internal memory. To take snap and selfies it has 16 megapixel rear and 4 megapixel front camera. The screen is IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors with the resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. The device is powered by 3000 mAh Li-Po battery.
The newly featured cyanogenmod 13 is a lightweight Rom which is mainly focused on performance,stability and battery. To enjoy this Rom on your Xiaomi MI5 you have to follow some easy steps.
CyanogenMod 13 Rom on Xiaomi MI5
Details about CyanogenMod 13:
- DOZE Mode.
- Good battery life.
- Hotspot works.
- fingerprint sensor works.
- App standby mode.
- Quick Settings tiles management.
- Many more.
Disadvantages (as per user review):
1 Snapchat can’t use camera, everything is green.
2. Can’t soft press (capacitive) home button
3. NFC doesn’t work (just confirming)
4. Bluetooth kind of works, could connect to another phone but couldn’t find speaker.
5. Small things such as missing options in menus (notifications light options, lte/3g/2g maybe more).
- Charge your device at least 50 % before going through the procedure.
- Take a Backup of your device before starting the process.
- Do at your own risk. We will not be responsible for any kind of problem but we will try to help.
- Unlock bootloader of your device.
- Download CyanogenMod 13 for XiaoMi MI5.
- Root your device and put custom recovery on XiaoMi MI5.
- Gapps file.
Procedure of installing CyanogenMod 13 Rom on Xiaomi MI5:
- Switch off your device and go to recovery mode by holding Volume Up +Power Key.
- In recovery go to ‘Wipe And Format Option ⇒Wipe Data, System, Cache And Dalvik Cache’.
- From main menu navigate to the CM 13 Rom ZIP File which you already downloaded from the above link.
- Select CM 13 Rom to flash.
- Finally when the process done just reboot your device.
- Now Install The GAPPS file by going to the Custom recovery as discussed in the abobe and locate the GAPPS.zip file and install it. Reboot your device.
NOTE: If you donot flash GAPPS file then you have to FULL WIPE your device with the help of custom recovery in order to use Google service.
Rom for Xiaomi Mi 5:
- AOSP Oreo Custom Rom For Xiaomi Mi 5
- Resurrection Remix Marshmallow 5.7.0 Rom For Xiaomi Mi 5
- Hexagon 6.0.1 Rom for the Xiaomi Mi 5
- Mokee 6.0.1 Rom For Xiaomi Mi5
- Unofficial Pac Rom 6.0.1 Xiaomi MI5
Facing Problem? Leave a comment below.
Please share the post and help us to grow visitors.