Today we will talk about LineageOS 14 For Xiaomi Redmi Note 3. The device was released on February 2016. It has 5.5 inches IPS LCD Capacitive touchscreen with 1080 x 1920 pixels screen resolution. Redmi Note 3 has Android OS, v5.1.1 (Lollipop) operating system with 1.4 GHz Cortex-A53 Quad-core & 1.8 GHz Cortex-A72 Dual-core Qualcomm MSM8956 Snapdragon 650 processor. The internal memory capacity is 16 GB & 32 GB ROM , 2 GB & 3 GB RAM. It has 16 MP, f/2.0, phase detection autofocus, dual-LED (dual tone) flash primary & 5 MP, f/2.0, 1080p secondary camera. It has non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery.
The newly featured LineageOS 14 is a lightweight Rom which is mainly based on stability and performance. To install this on your devices just follow the steps. We got the Rom from this post.
LineageOS 14 For Xiaomi Redmi Note 3
What Works on LineageOS 14:
- Wi Fi
- Video Playback
- Charge your device at least 50 % before going through the procedure.
- Take a Backup of your device before starting the process.
- Do at your own risk.
- At first you need to unlock BootLoader of your device. If you do not have Unlock Bootloader then Follow below Link.
- Or You can also unlock the bootloader or install TWRP For your device from the the below link.
- Download LineageOS 14 For Xiaomi Redmi Note 3.
- Gapps file.
Procedure of Install LineageOS 14 For Xiaomi Redmi Note 3:
- Switch Off your device and open recovery mode by pressing “volume up + power key” continuously at the same time (For most of the devices) and “volume up + menu key + power key” (For samsung devices and for those devices which have menu key).
- OR you can Download and install Quick Boot application and then open it. There you will find an option to go to recovery mode. Tap on it and you will get to the recovery menu.
- In Recovery Click the “wipe and format” option then Wipe -> Data, System, Cache and dalvik cache via recovery(if you are already a CyanogenMod user then no need to do this).
- From main menu navigate to the LineageOS 14 ZIP File which you already downloaded from above link.
- Select LineageOS 14 to flash.
- Now Install The GAPPS file by going to the Custom recovery as given in the abobe and locate the GAPPS.zip file and install it.
- At last reboot your device.
If you face any problem then leave a comment below. Please share the post and help us to grow visitors.